- Organised by the Universities of Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Vigo, Carlos III of Madrid, and Technical of Madrid, following the merger of the Master in Mathematical Engineering (7 editions from 2006-2007) and the Master in Industrial Mathematics (2 editions from 2010-2011).
- 2 specialisations: Modelling and Numerical Simulation.
- The main aim of the M2i is to unify subjects of high applied mathematical contents and already taught in specific engineering masters.
- Use of a videoconferencing system and recording of some classes.
- Strong relations with industry.
The scientific and technological interests of the M2i mainly focus on four basic aims:
- Expand the analytical skills and knowledge of graduate students who will be part of future research groups and professional teams.
- Instruct the students in mathematical modelling for applications in industry.
- Provide specific skills in relation to the design, construction and management of specific software of at least one industrial sector.
- Introduce students to the research topics and development related to the subjects of the program.
Some ideas for this master are taken from the report by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) "Global Science Forum. Report on Mathematics in Industry".